Bondi Public School currently has 2 school bands. Tony Gibson is our School Band director.
We have a Training Band for children in their first year of learning an instrument. Training Band is open to children in Years 2 (2019) and above.
We also have a Senior Band for children that have completed at least 1 year of training band or who have been learning their instrument for 1 year or more.
Band at Bondi is open to all children in Years 2-6 (2019). Enrol in band now!
All children attend private or paired instrumental lessons during the week in addition to their weekly band/ rehearsal. Enrol in music lessons now!
Enrol in band. Band is open to students in years 2-6. Click here to enrol
When / where does the band rehearse?
- Training Band Wednesday morning before school 7.45am-8.45am in the school hall
- Senior Band is Thursday morning before school 7.45am-8.45am in the school hall
When / where are the music lessons?
- Instrumental Music Lessons are currently held Monday-Friday, after school hours from 3pm-6pm, on the school grounds – Lessons will also be held before school hours 7:30am-9am, subject to availability
- Practise booklet for weekly home practise
Where does the band perform?
- School Assembly
- School Events
- NSW Band Festival
- Our Annual East Combined Band Workshop
Upcoming Performances / Term 4 2019 Start Dates
- Senior Band will commence in Week 1, Term 4
- Training Band will commence in Week 1, Term 4
- Private Music Lessons on Monday will commence Week 1, Term 4
- Private Music Lessons Tuesday-Friday will commence in Week 1, Term 4.
- Join the band now!
Practising your band songs at home is essential to your progress. We’ve added links to your latest band songs to help you get the hang of how they sound.
Click on the links and get practising:
- Band/string ensemble costs $17.50 + GST per child, per weekly rehearsal
- Private Music Lessons for 2020 cost $40 + GST= $44 per half hour lesson
- Paired Music Lessons for 2020 cost $25 + GST= $27.50 per half hour lesson (paired lessons are subject to availability) (the fee is payable regardless of attendance – this is to ensure the lesson can still go ahead for the other party involved)
All band invoices are emailed out to you at the beginning of each term. You will receive an invoice for band at the beginning of Term 1, 2, 3 and 4.
You will receive a separate invoice each term for your private music lessons. All private music lesson invoices are emailed out to you usually within the first 3 weeks of the current term.
Please make sure we have your current and preferred email address.
Preferred Method of Payment: Online Transfer
Simply rollover the icon below to view payment instructions. We also accept credit card, direct debit or cheque. For direct debit, your nominated credit card will automatically be charged on the invoice due date, each term. Click the direct debit link to download a Credit Card Authorisation Form.
Click here if you have any questions regarding fees and payment.
Band Programs and Music Lessons FAQs
Click here for answers to any questions you may have relating to our band programs or music lessons.
Band Programs Agreement
Click here to view our band programs agreement and for more details about signing up for your school’s band program.
Music Lessons Terms and Conditions
To find out more about our Music Lesson terms & conditions, please click here to view our policy.