Welcome to the music program at Randwick PS! The Music Partnership is now in its 3rd year at Randwick PS. We have ensembles available for all ages and standards to join and we also run music lessons on all woodwind, brass, percussion and string instruments at school.
We are excited to be heading into our recruitment drive for 2024 enrolments.
We have a Training Band for children in their first year of learning an instrument. Training Band is open to children in Year 3 (2024) and above.
We will also have a Senior Band for children that have completed at least 2 years of band or that have been playing their instrument for more than 2 years.
Band at Randwick PS is open to all children in Years 3-6 (2024). Enrol in band now!
Our band directors are Ms Megan Lipworth, Mr Lachlan Mahoney and Mr Alec Watts
Instruments available to play in band:
Flute, oboe, clarinet, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, Trumpet, trombone, Baritone, Euphonium, French Horn, Tuba, Bass Guitar and Drums/Percussion.
String Ensemble Program
In 2024 at Randwick PS we will run a variety of string ensembles catering for all levels of players.
We will have a beginner, intermediate and advanced strings groups available.
We will have a team of string specialists leading our string program.
The string program is open to students in K-6
Instruments available to play in the strings group:
Click on each instrument to view a demonstration:
Private music lessons
All children attend private or paired instrumental lessons during the week in addition to their weekly band/string rehearsal. Enrol in music lessons now!
Music lessons will be held on school grounds during school hours with our specialist tutors.
When / where does the band rehearse?
- Training Band rehearses Tuesday morning before school 7.45am-8.45am in the school hall with conductor Mr Alec Watts
- Senior Band rehearses Thursday morning before school 7.45am-8.45am in the school hall with conductor Ms Megan Lipworth. They also practise Tuesday afternoons 3.15pm-4.15pm with Mr Lachlan Mahoney.
- Beginner string ensemble: Thursday morning before school 7.45am-8.45am in the school library with Ms Lilly Bennett
- Senior strings is Monday morning 7.45am-8.45am in the school hall with Ms Monique O’Dea
- Intermediate string ensemble is Tuesday morning 7.45am-8.45am in the AMS rooms with Ms Maddy O’Dea
When / where are the music lessons?
- Instrumental Music Lessons are currently held Monday-Friday, during school hours, on the school grounds –
- Lessons will run on rotational timetables to make sure students are not missing the same classes each week.
- Practise booklet for weekly home practise
Where does the band / strings perform?
- School Assembly
- School Events
- NSW Band Festival
- Our Annual East Combined Band Workshop
Upcoming Performances / Term 1 2024 Start Dates
Practising your band songs at home is essential to your progress. We’ve added links to your latest band songs to help you get the hang of how they sound.
Click on the links and get practising:
- All band and string ensembles cost $150+GST per term for 9 rehearsals.
- Private Music Lessons for 2024 cost $45+ GST= $49.50 per half hour lesson
- Paired Music Lessons for 2024 cost $30+ GST= $33 per half hour lesson (paired lessons are subject to availability) (the fee is payable regardless of attendance – this is to ensure the lesson can still go ahead for the other party involved)
All band invoices are emailed out to you at the beginning of each term. You will receive an invoice for band at the beginning of Term 1, 2, 3 and 4.
You will receive a separate invoice each term for your private music lessons. All private music lesson invoices are emailed out to you usually within the first 3 weeks of the current term.
Please make sure we have your current and preferred email address.
Preferred Method of Payment: Credit Card
We accept credit card or direct debit. For direct debit, your nominated credit card will automatically be charged on the invoice due date, each term. Click the direct debit link to download a Credit Card Authorisation Form.
Click here if you have any questions regarding fees and payment.
Band Programs and Music Lessons FAQs
Click here for answers to any questions you may have relating to our band programs or music lessons.
Band Programs Agreement
Click here to view our band programs agreement and for more details about signing up for your school’s band program.
Music Lessons Terms and Conditions
To find out more about our Music Lesson terms & conditions, please click here to view our policy.