Waverley Public School currently has 2 school bands.
We have a Training Band for children in their first year of learning an instrument. Training Band is open to children in Years 2 and above.
We also have a Senior Band for children that have completed at least 1 year of training band or who have been learning their instrument for 1 year or more.
All children attend private or paired instrumental lessons during the week in addition to their weekly band rehearsal.
Band at Waverley PS is open to all children in Years 2-6 (2021). Enrol in band now!
When / where does the band rehearse?
- Senior band Wednesday morning 8am-9am with Mrs Joanne Ryder
- Training band TBA morning due to commence in term 4
Find out more about joining the band!
Here is a link to a police band website. This site shows you all the instruments that belong to a concert band. It’s an interactive site so explore it! Hopefully this helps you decide which instrument to play
When / where are the music lessons?
- Instrumental Music Lessons will be held Monday-Friday after school, 3pm onwards, on the school grounds
- Practise booklet for weekly home practise
Where does the band perform?
- School Assembly
- School Events
- NSW Band Festival
Upcoming Performances / Term 3 start dates 2022
- Click here to enrol in band
- Senior band will commence in week 1 term 3
- Training Band will commence in term 4
- Private Lessons Monday-Friday lessons will commence in Week 1 term 2
Practising your band songs at home is essential to your progress. We’ve added links to your latest band songs to help you get the hang of how they sound.
Click on the links and get practising:
- Band costs $17.50 + GST = $19.25 per child, per weekly hour rehearsal
- Private Music Lessons for 2022 cost $41+ GST= $45.10 per half hour lesson
- Paired Music Lessons for 2022 cost $28 + GST= $30.80 per half hour lesson (paired lessons are subject to availability) (the fee is payable regardless of attendance – this is to ensure the lesson can still go ahead for the other party involved)
All band invoices are emailed out to you at the beginning of each term. You will receive an invoice for band at the beginning of Term 1, 2, 3 and 4.
You will receive a separate invoice each term for your private music lessons. All private music lesson invoices are emailed out to you usually within the first 3 weeks of the current term.
Please make sure we have your current and preferred email address.
Preferred Method of Payment: Credit Card
We accept credit card or direct debit. For direct debit, your nominated credit card will automatically be charged on the invoice due date, each term. Click the direct debit link to download a Credit Card Authorisation Form.
Click here if you have any questions regarding fees and payment.
Band Programs and Music Lessons FAQs
Click here for answers to any questions you may have relating to our band programs or music lessons.
Band Programs Agreement
Click here to view our band programs agreement and for more details about signing up for your school’s band program.
Music Lessons Terms and Conditions
To find out more about our Music Lesson terms & conditions, please click here to view our policy.